+353 85 773 7776 +61 2 800 6 7778 | +61 413 767 800 +63 917 758 7778
POOLING FOR NEW OFF SHORE ACCOUNT
EQUITIES ANALYST SUPPORT MANAGER – RESEARCH TEAM
Department: Research Team
Prepared Date: August 2013
Engage Date: October, 2013
Location: Makati or The Fort The Philippines
Salary Range: P50K to P100K Per Month Depending on Skills & Experience
The key purpose of this role is to manage a team of analysts to meet various business objectives relating to research within the Australian Stock Programs.
This role will be the key liaison with the Australian based research team, managing work flow and responsible for deliverables being met.
This role will also be responsible for day to day analyst activity communicating research and analysis to clients through the Stock Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be responsible for the running offshore research business
• Manage and mentor the Equities Analyst support team to meet key deliverables and objectives
• Be responsible for the quality of research and analysis as presented in the Stock Program that has been inputted by the team
• Gather company financial statements and other supporting documentation from various sources in order to analyse the information within Stock Program.
• Be responsible for quality of the database preferred companies within the Doctor program (300 companies)
• Monitoring the latest announcements of companies under direction from the Research Manager and provide timely updates on companies covered (approximately 50 companies for the manager)
• Assist in the preparation of reports, including charts, graphs and commentary to illustrate trends and possible risks of various companies and industries.
• Be responsible for quality control functions, including accuracy of data in both the program and the work produced.
• Under direction of the Research Manager and research team in Melbourne, co-ordinate data and research support on articles and provide written material to clients and the market, and write any pieces as directed.
• Adhere to all current compliance requirements set by the business.
• Assist in the maintenance of all company software databases.
• Ensure that third party data providers supply relevant data in a timely fashion.
• Complete ad hoc administrative tasks as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Completed or completing post-graduate Finance related degree and/or sufficient experience as determined by the Research Manager
• At least 5 years equities research experience
• CFA or progress toward CFA preferred
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex financial documents.
• Ability to work independently and is self-motivated
• Ability to communicate in the English language in a clear and concise manner that is easy to understand (reading, writing and speech).
• Preferable some exposure to A-IFRS accounting standards / or Australian company research (though not essential)
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Understanding of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel applications.
BUSINESS OFFICE HOURS
• 9.00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday Melbourne time, (- 7am to 15.30 hrs) Manila Time.
• Weekends and after hour contributions are expected as/when required.
• Travel to Australia may be required on an as needed basis from Manila.